Hi everyone! Today I’ve got two new projects to share with you made using the Pocket Full of Posies range from docrafts. When I first started looking through this pretty range I immediately fell in love with the charm pack. It has all kinds of lovely goodies in it like buttons, gems, cameo frames, resin flowers and little holly charms. I’ve used them on both my makes below.
The little metal frames gave me the idea of making a ribbon necklace featuring one of the red roses with a frosted effect to make it Christmassy.
1. Take a large metal charm and cut a circle of Pocketful of Posies rose paper to fit the centre. I did this by first punching a large circle from the paper, pressing it into the aperture to mark the edge and trimming it down to fit.
2. Flood the centre with Anita’s 3D gloss and gently press a red resin rose into the centre.
3. Make a small mix of Anita’s 3D gloss and holographic embossing powder (or very fine glitter) and dab gently on the edge of the resin rose petals. Leave to dry.
4. Thread blue ribbon through the ring at the top and tie in a bow to make the necklace. You can also loop the ribbon round a few times to wear it as a bracelet. You can change the colour of the ribbon any time to match your outfit!
For my next project I made a large 8×8 card featuring one of the pretty tag stamps in the range.
1. Emboss a 6×6 Pocket Full of Posies vellum square with the lace circle embossing folder. Distress the edges and mat to white card with small dots of tacky glue on the embossed parts (so it doesn’t show through the vellum).
2. Mat an 8×8 card blank with red Pocket Full of Posies paper and add the vellum/card panel on top with foam tape.
3. Cut a 4.5cm wide strip of tartan paper the length of the white panel and punch a doily border. Add a strip of linen coloured paper and doily patterned border paper on top and attach across the card.
4. Stamp the large tag sentiment on to white card in black dye ink and cut out. Add the hole at the top and thread with twine and a silver holly charm from the charm pack. Add two white resin flower charms then attach the tag to the card with foam tape.
5. Press out flower elements from the decoupage pack and attach around the tag to finish.