Hi everyone, today I am writing about the super pretty ‘Sew Lovely’ range from Docrafts. I was sent loads of lovely items for my design team projects and am having lots of fun making pretty cards. Yesterday was #docraftsmonday and although I didn’t have a chance to do my blog post for it, I posted a card I made specially on Facebook and Twitter. Here it is!
I’ve also written a little tutorial so you can make this card too! Here we go:
1. Mat a rectangle of Sew Lovely fabric paper onto Krafstax card and adhere to a 5×7 card blank. Ink the edges with turquoise fluid chalk.
2. Mat a rectangle of the red patterned Sew Lovely paper onto Krafstax, leaving a wide border. Draw stitching round the border with a black fineliner pen. Adhere to the middle of the card, off to the right.
3. Mat a rectangle of turquoise Sew Lovely paper onto Kraftstax and glue on two strands of twine. Die cut a decorative border from Kraftstax using the Xcut trim border die, and add it to the card just under the turquoise border you made above.
4. Again using the Xcut trim border dies, cut a corner piece from white card and ink with brown fluid chalk. Adhere to the card as shown.
5. Take the heart and buttons piece from the Sew Lovely ‘cute button’ decoupage medley kit and adhere to the card with foam pads to raise it off the card. Add the turquoise heart to the centre (again with foam pads) and the ‘sew’ sentiment on top. Add the birthday wishes sentiment to the bottom left.
6. Finish your card with little blue gemstones as shown!
The card is also on my Docrafts gallery here: http://www.docrafts.com/project/You-Are-Sew-Lovely-Birthday-Wishes/p3569344
Here are some of the other cards I’ve made with the range.
As you can see, there’s a bit of a love theme going on, just in time for Valentine’s day! (N.b. I am selling Valentine’s cards at work for charity, not giving them all out myself…!)
If you want to have a look at more of my cards made with other ranges, here’s my Docrafts gallery: http://www.docrafts.com/stickerkitten