Hi crafters! Hope you are all well and getting into the festive spirit. I know many people hate that Christmas starts earlier and earlier each year but I think by November we are in pretty safe territory. I personally have been making Christmas projects since May haha. Today’s tutorial is from DT member Christine Bilyard and covers how to make a mini tinsel wreath Christmas card. Such a sweet idea for an eye-catching card! Remember, if you make cards or other craft items to sell at Christmas fairs you are welcome to make and sell as many as you can manage using StickerKitten products (see our angel policy here).
Step by step
1. Create a 5”x5” tent fold kraft card blank.
2. Trim mistletoe print Alpaca Wishes paper and adhere to the card front.
3. Create a ring of acetate. The easiest way to do this is to die cut a nesting circle together with a slightly smaller circle.
4. Wrap the ring of acetate with mini silver tinsel – I got mine online.
5. Once the the wreath is created adhere to the card front using strong glue/hot glue gun.
6. Decorate the wreath. I added pom poms, Alpaca Wishes sequins, Alpaca Wishes die cut ephemera, a wooden alpaca and a ribbon bow.
7. Create a banner shape from pink Alpaca Wishes paper. I used the We R Memory Keepers word punch board to spell “Noel” and backed this with grey paper and adhered to the card front using foam tape.
If you don’t have this punch board then stamped or die cut letters will also look fab. Try the Alpaca Wishes stitched alphabet stamp set!
Tip – the tinsel wreaths can also be made into little decorations by adding twine to hang them from.
I love Christine’s idea of also making them into little Christmas decorations. You could even secure them to the card temporarily so the recipient can detach them and hang them from their tree! A card and a gift all in one. Happy crafting!