Hi crafters! In this blog post I am going to show you how to make Halloween treat bags using the Birthday Dinos range and adhesives from allthingssticky.com. They are so quick and easy to do – you only need one sheet of 6×6 paper plus a few other bits – and they are perfect as little treats for a Halloween party, or for trick or treaters (but maybe not for the super little ones as they contain small parts!).
1. Take a sheet of 150x150mm paper from the paper pack (I have used the orange striped one – perfect for Halloween!) and tape along the right hand side on the front, and along the bottom on the back.
2. Take the backing off the double sided tape and fold as shown. Press along the seam and press down at the bottom to seal.
5. Stamp a dinosaur on to the back of one of the papers using black ink. You can stamp multiple dinosaurs in different designs!
6. Use a fineliner pen to add a little Halloween costume to your dinosaur! Here I have added a wizard cape and hat. You can make vampires, mummies, Frankenstein’s monster, devils, witches etc with a little doodling.
7. Cut out the dinosaur and add it to a punched or die cut circle. Stamp the stars in yellow ink, cut out and layer together with a foam square. Attach to the mini peg with micro dots.
And that’s how to make Halloween treat bags – it’s super easy! This is a good design if you have lots of them to do as it’s very quick to assemble them all once you have your little toppers sorted. Don’t forget you can doodle all kinds of different designs on your stamped dinosaurs. Here’s a couple more I’ve done.
You can also adapt this twisty box design for birthdays and Christmas. If you make a long loop of ribbon to thread through the punched hole you can hang them from the Christmas tree, or put little presents inside and have them peeping out the top of a Christmas stocking. So cute! Please let me know in the comments if you have adapted any of your little stamped dinos for Halloween or Christmas – I would love to see!